Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Weighing" In

Look what I found the other day at the thrift store!


I've been wanting one of these for a long time.


It's not as old and as cool as some of the ones I've seen around blogland but I was happy to find it! So much so that I went against my usual "wait for 1/2 off day and if it's still there I'll buy it" policy and paid the full price of $4.99. I have no idea if that's too much or a good deal, I just know it was worth it to me!


The most obvious place to use it would have been in my kitchen but I don't like to clutter up my counters. It makes a great plant stand at the end of my hallway though!

11 comments:

  1. Looks great! Sounds like a bargain to me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! We must be related because I, too, have wanted one of these for a long time. I can't believe the price...what a bargain! If you ever find its cousin, twin, or whatever, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good :) popping over from Homemaker on a Dime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you jumped on it, even at full price. Weighing in MY opinion :)


    Visiting from Nifty Thrifty Thurs at Linda's Coastal Charm's party,
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois
    WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That definitely is a fabulous price for a scale! Lucky you; looks wonderful in your vignette--so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great little scale and you can't beat the price! You could always "age" it yourself by scuffing the paint. You could also remove the glass/plastic cover and age the face of the scale as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun find...I have one very similar!! It makes a great plant stand :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy,
    What a cute scale, love the color! You got a great deal, good thing you got it, it would have been gone for sure!
    Thanks for visiting!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's a very good price, many like that are much more than that.
    I love how you've used it, very nice!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH!! You are so lucky! I have been scouring the shops for one of these, myself! Like even just this last weekend. Well, good for you. Guess I'll have to keep up the search!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy